2020 IPRA Dorothy Marchus Senesh Fellowship in Peace and Development Studies for Women
Deadline: January 15, 2020.
The International Peace Research Association Foundation invites applications for the Dorothy Marchus Senesh Fellowship in Peace and Development Studies for Women from countries in the Global South. Dorothy Senesh was a long-time activist for international peace and justice. Her husband, Lawrence, established this fellowship following her death in 1989. The first award was made at the IPRA 25th Anniversary conference, July 1990, in Groningen, Netherlands and has been made biennially ever since.
1. The Dorothy Senesh Fellowship is available to women from countries in the Global South.
2. Women who have completed a Bachelor’s degree, who have been accepted into a graduate program, and whose graduate work is to be focused on issues related to the goals of IPRA
3. Funds will only be dispersed when the selected candidate is admitted into a graduate program.
4. Awards are considered based on need; therefore students with substantial funding sources are less likely to be considered for the award.
5. This fellowship is not for research purposes and proposals. Do not apply if you are male, if you are an undergraduate, or if you are not from a country in the Global South.
Every other year (beginning in 1990) two women receive school expenses in the amount of $5,000 per year for two years.
- Application (English or Spanish)
- Letter of Acceptance to your graduate program (may be pdf)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (recommenders must email letters directly to Ms. Crystal Money.)
EMAIL ONE COPY OF THE APPLICATION FORM To Program Administrative Assistant Ms. Crystal N. Money at: