2020 International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) Exchange Program for Journalists from Russia
Deadline: February 2, 2020.
The International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) invites young journalists from Russia to take part in an exchange program, the “Journey of Shared Discovery for Russian and American Journalists – Round Five.”
The new program will build on the successes of earlier annual exchange programs whose goals were to allow Russian and American journalists to build professional relationships and friendships with one another and mutual understanding while dispelling negative stereotypes between their countries. The journalists accomplished these goals while learning firsthand about the media system of each country, including the ways that digital media are changing the ways that journalists work today.
1. Journalist must be from Russia.
2. Selection will be based on professional qualifications, relevant experience and commitment to the program goals and to enhancing mutual understanding between the people of each country.
3. Open to journalists and freelancers from throughout Russia.
4. The Russian journalists must speak English
1. The program will begin with an orientation and schedule of meetings in Washington, and individual assignments of two weeks for each journalist in an American newsroom.
2. The selected journalists will be expected to publish stories, blog posts and use social media during the program.
3. The program will include individual two-week assignments at U.S. media organizations,