2019 US Embassy in Cairo Global Undergraduate Exchange Program
Deadline: December 31, 2018.
The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD) is an international education and cultural exchange program supported by the U.S. Department of State and World Learning that grants scholarships for future leaders to study in the
United States for one semester. The program provides international students an opportunity to enhance their knowledge and skills; explore U.S. culture and values; and share their cultures and traditions. Students will take mandatory courses in U.S.
fields such as history, literature, art, or government, along with academic skills training, and courses in their respective fields’ of study. Students will also partake in community service activities and an unpaid internships.
Program is open to Egyptian Students who are:
1. Between the ages of 18-25
2. Currently residing and studying in Egypt
3. Enrolled as an undergraduate at a public or private university in Egypt and has good academic standing
4. Not enrolled in his/her final year of study
5. Has a solid command of written and spoken English
6. Submits a complete application with all required supporting documents by the application deadline
7. Committed to return to Egypt upon program completion
1. The program application is available online at:
Global UGRAD Application
2. Please read all instructions and information carefully before completing the application. The application must be completed in English. Save your progress frequently and review all fields before submitting.
A Complete Application Package includes:
I. Completed, signed online application
II. Two letters of recommendation (Use Global UGRAD Recommendation Form)
III. 400-600 word essay in English
IV. Transcript(s):- Official document with English translation showing academic performance from previous years in the university.
V. First year university students must provide a copy of their secondary school transcripts and an enrollment letter from their current university.
VI. Copy of National ID and/or passport