2020 InterAction’s 18th Annual Photo Contest for Photographers Worldwide
Deadline: March 11, 2020.
Each year, InterActions hosts a photo contest to highlight photographers who showcase incredible humanitarian and development work around the globe.
They invite you to submit your most powerful photos that illustrate innovative, effective, and inspiring efforts in international relief and development. Examples of self-reliance, innovative technology, shared values, partnerships, and delivery of humanitarian assistance are encouraged, though entries are not limited to those categories.
All eligible entries must be submitted between these dates. Entry is open to all except current InterAction employees.
- Entries are limited to three (3) photos per person.
- Entries should be 300 dpi, or larger, at a size no smaller than 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- All uploaded photos should be named using the following: IA_Photographer’s First Name_Photographer’s Last Name_Photo Title.
All entrants must hold the copyright to the photographs they submit and, by entering, are claiming such ownership.
1. One Grand Prize winner will receive $1,000 USD. We will showcase the winning photo at InterAction’s 2020 Forum, April 22-23 in Washington, D.C.
2. Three runners-up will receive $100 USD and have their photographs displayed in an online gallery on InterAction’s website.
3. Six Honorable mentions will have their photographs displayed in an online gallery on InterAction’s website.
A panel of photographers, photojournalists, and subject area experts will choose the winning photographs. They will be looking for qualities including:
- Photo composition, technique, and clarity.
- Relevance to contest rules (documentarian humanitarian/development work outside of the U.S.).
- Adherence to copyright and permission rules.