2020 Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship for International Students
Deadline: February 14, 2020.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is pleased to invite applications for the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship under the above Scholarship Award Scheme for the 2020 / 2021 academic session.
Tenable in Brunei Darussalam, the scholarship award provides applicants with the opportunity to undertake Diploma, Undergraduate Degree and Postgraduate Master’s Degree at any one of the following institutions of higher education:
· Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD),
· Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA),
· Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB) and
· Politeknik Brunei (PB).
1. Applications are open to citizens of, but not limited to, ASEAN, Commonwealth and OIC member countries.
2. Applicants must be, between the ages of 18-25 for Undergraduate and Diploma programmes and must not exceed the age of 35 for Postgraduate Master’s Degree programmes on the 31st July 2020.
3. The award is NOT eligible to Brunei Darussalam Permanent Residents.
4. PROGRAMMES OFFERED AND ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS
Programmes offered and entry qualifications are available from the following:
The scholarship recipient will be facilitated with the benefits of the scholarship as follows:
i) exemption from paying tuition fees including acceptance, examination, registration and orientation fees for the duration of the programme;
ii) an economy class air-ticket to Brunei Darussalam from the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/ country of domicile prior to the commencement of the course and an economy class air-ticket from Brunei Darussalam to the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the course;
iii) a monthly personal allowance of BND$500.00;
iv) a monthly meals allowance of BND$150.00;
v) an annual book allowance of BND$600.00;
vi) accommodation at the residential college of the University/ Polytechnic;
vii) baggage allowance for shipment of the scholarship recipient’s personal effects to his country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the programme, at a maximum amount of:
· BND$250.00 to a country within the ASEAN region; or
· BND$500.00 to a country outside the ASEAN region;
viii) comprehensive insurance cover for the whole duration of the Scholarship. The scholarship recipient is urged to obtain additional insurance prior to his travel to Brunei Darussalam and for the whole duration of the Scholarship at his own expense.
1. Application forms can be downloaded from the following link:
APPLICATION FORM 2020/2021
2. Application forms must be duly completed and endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the National Focal Point for scholarships of the applicant’s country.
3. Applicants are required to also submit a security clearance statement from their National Security Agency(ies)/ Police Station (i.e. a statement/ report certifying that applicants are clear from any civil and criminal charges).
4. Completed application forms are to be emailed to the following address:
5. Applicants applying to Universiti Brunei Darussalam must also complete an online application through https://apply.ubd.edu.bn/orbeon/uis-welcome/