2020 Foreign and Commonwealth Office UK Corporate Accounting Adviser Recruitment
Finance Directorate manages the FCO’s finances over 260 Embassies, High Commissions and Consulates, in over 150 currencies and from locations in London, Milton Keynes, Manila and seven regional overseas hubs.
The Finance Directorate covers everything from processing financial transactions globally, financial strategy and planning, budget setting, monitoring and forecasting, cash and foreign exchange management, annual reports and accounts, Board Reporting and finance business partnering.
You will also be expected to support the preparation of some of the Financial Statements and Notes. For example, this may include [but not be restricted to:
• Produce the journal and supporting schedules for the Provisions and Contingent Liabilities Notes.
• Be responsible for ensuring quality of evidence gathered is able to stand up to National Audit Office (NAO) review, this includes an offline exercise to gather information not available in the financial systems from all overseas offices (Posts), including dealing with queries.
• Undertake a review of outstanding accruals at Quarters 2, 3 and 4, analysing evidence supplied and challenge non-financial stakeholders where appropriate.
• Assist with reconciling of the Financial Statements to the Trial Balance and the Management Accounts.
• Work on the Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) Accounts model, including interrogation of data and supply analysis to senior managers, colleagues and the NAO.
• Liaise with Finance Business Partners across the FCO to ensure guidance, policies and returns are understood and being adhered to.
• 5 GCSEs (including English and Maths) at Grade C/4 or above or equivalent.
• Due to the technical finance nature of this role, applicants should be either:
• a Part-Qualified Accountant from a recognised Professional Accountancy Body (ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW, etc)
• a Qualified AAT.
• Experience of working in a finance team, using dedicated finance software to produce accounting information or reports.
• Excellent literacy, numeracy and IT skills – a competent MS Office 365 [predominantly MS Excel] user.
• Excellent organisational, analytical and planning skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal, team-working and communication skills.
5 GCSEs (including English and Maths) at Grade C/4 or above or equivalent. Please list these in your CV.
Due to the technical finance nature of this role, applicants should be either:
o a Part-Qualified Accountant from a recognised Professional Accountancy Body (ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW, etc)
o a Qualified AAT.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Delivering at Pace
- Managing a Quality Service
- Working Together
- Changing and Improving
5. Nationality requirements
Open to UK nationals only.