2020 Facebook Artificial Intelligence (AI) Residency Program
Deadline: January 31, 2020.
The Artificial Intelligence (AI) Residency Program is a one-year research training position designed to give you hands-on experience with artificial intelligence research while working in Facebook AI.
The program will pair you with an AI Researcher and Engineer who will both guide your project. With the team, you will pick a research problem of mutual interest and then devise new deep learning techniques to solve it. We also encourage collaborations beyond the assigned mentors. The research will be communicated to the academic community by submitting papers to top academic venues (for example, NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, CVPR, ICCV, ACL, EMNLP, etc.), as well as open-source code releases and/or product impact.
- Learn how to perform research in deep learning and AI.
- Understand prior work and existing literature.
- Work with mentors to identify problem(s) of interest and develop novel AI techniques.
- Translate ideas into practical code (in frameworks such as PyTorch).
- Write up research results in the form of an academic paper or open-source project.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a Bachelors degree in a STEM field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- Completed coursework in: Linear Algebra, Probability, Calculus, or equivalent.
- Knowledge in learning platforms such as PyTorch, Caffe, Theano, or TensorFlow.
- Significant contributions to open-source projects, demonstrating strong math, engineering, statistics, or machine learning skills.
- Experience communicating complex research in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
- Coding experience in a programming language, such as Python or C/C++.
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
Residents are paid a competitive salary.
For candidates interested in working in Menlo Park, New York, or Seattle, please apply here. For candidates interested in working at the London location, please apply here. If applying to both, you may use the same application materials. We can only consider complete applications.