2020 Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award at University of British Columbia
Deadline: December 1, 2019.
This need-and-merit-based award recognizes outstanding international undergraduate students from impoverished or war-torn areas who have achieved academic excellence under difficult circumstances, and who would be unable to attend university without financial assistance.
To be considered for the Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award:
- You must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- You must be graduating or have recently graduated from a recognized senior secondary school.
- You must be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- You must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
- You must demonstrate superior academic achievement (achieve all As or equivalent standard) and leadership potential.
- You must come from a war-torn, politically unstable, or economically disadvantaged region of the world.
- You must have achieved academic excellence under difficult circumstances and have no financial means from family or other sources to pursue post-secondary education in your own country (because it is unavailable or unattainable) or outside your country (because it is unaffordable).
The value of your Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award is proportional to your demonstrated financial need and sufficient to cover living expenses and tuition costs for your degree of study.
Please fill out the form below to be considered for the award.