2020 Commonwealth Foundation Grants Internship Programme
Deadline: June 19, 2020.
The Commonwealth Foundation is an intergovernmental organisation established by Heads of Government in support of the belief that the Commonwealth is as much an association of peoples as it is of governments. It is the Commonwealth agency for civil society; a unique, stand-alone organisation established by, funded by, and reporting to governments.
With more than 2.3 billion citizens, the Commonwealth provides a potentially huge pool of ideas for advancing societies.
The Foundation offers grants of up to £200,000 over four years in support of innovative project ideas and approaches that seek to strengthen the ability of civic voices to engage with governments and that have the potential to improve governance and development outcomes through their active participation.
1. The successful intern will have a degree in a related field to the Foundation’s work.
2. You will have experience of working in the area of grant-making and/or international development and be able to demonstrate excellent writing and communication skills.
3. You will be committed to the work of the Foundation including the mission and values.
4. You will be a self-starter who is able to prioritise your own workload and multitask as required.
5. You will have excellent IT skills including database management along with a can-do attitude.
- Five days per week, 9.30am to 5.30pm. Flexibility around these timings can be discussed if, for example, the intern is undertaking part-time studying or similar commitments. A minimum of a total of 4 days is required
- Six months’ duration with the possibility of extension to a maximum of one year
- £55 per day
- Travel allowance (commuting to and from the office) to a maximum of £20 per day is available
- As an internship, this does not constitute employment with the Foundation. There are no payments for bank holiday, privilege days or sickness. There is a limited holiday allowance
- The Intern is included fully in any external training opportunities (including conference attendance) and appropriate internal learning and development programmes
- Assistance is given where possible to aid the Intern in securing a permanent role in another organisation at the end of their internship. If there was a suitable vacancy at the Foundation, the intern
OFFICIAL LINK: https://commonwealthfoundation.com/job_vacancy/intern-grants-programme/