2020 Chevening Financial Services Fellowship for Indian Citizens
Deadline: October 9, 2019.
The Chevening Financial Services Fellowship is aimed at mid-career Indians in the finance sector. Ideal applicants may come from government or the private sector, are mid-career professionals displaying leadership potential, and have demonstrable experience in a relevant financial services discipline(s).
This 8-week programme aims to:
- Build expertise in specialist skills such as risk management, actuarial sciences, investment management, and financial regulation which will increase the talent pool in the Indian market and provide a fillip to growth in the sector.
- Expose individuals to international financial markets and regulatory systems which will enhance openness and reduce resistance to change.
- Promote cross-border co-operation in financial regulation by developing a mutual appreciation of regulatory systems and encourage the sharing of best practices.
- Facilitate the sharing of knowledge and experience and to provide a platform to encourage cross-border engagement and networking amongst Chevening Award recipients from across the world.
- Foster long-lasting positive relationships between talented professionals in the financial sector in India and the UK.
- On completion of the fellowship, it is anticipated that participants will return to their professional positions of influence and continue engagement with the UK to strengthen co-operation between the two countries in their field of work. The fellowship will offer fellows a high-quality professional development opportunity which will provide specialist skills to encourage innovation and help improve industry capability in India. Fellows will also gain an appreciation of the value of cost-benefit analysis of financial regulation and leave with a positive impression of the UK.
To be eligible for a Chevening Financial Services Fellowship, you must:
- Be a citizen of India and currently live in the country.
- Return to your country of citizenship at the end of the period of the fellowship.
- A postgraduate level qualification (or equivalent professional training or experience in a relevant area) at the time of application.
- Have at least seven years’ relevant work experience prior to applying.
- Have an excellent academic background in the field of finance or considerable experience of working in such fields and have a good working knowledge of English (to be assessed by a qualified English language assessor).
- Not hold British or dual British citizenship.
- Agree to adhere to all relevant guidelines and expectations for the programme.
- Full programme fees
- Living expenses for the duration of the fellowship
- Return economy airfare from India to the UK