2020 British Deputy High Commission (BDHC), Lagos Freight / Corporate Services Officer Recruitment
Deadline: March 25, 2020.
The British Deputy High Commission (BDHC), Lagos employs over 170 staff, delivering a number of projects and services across West Africa. The Mission is part of a wider Nigeria Network and operates in partnership with colleagues in the British High Commission, Abuja. Our Corporate Services team is the core of BDHC and responsible for the entire operational platform including Estates, Transport, IT, Finance, HR and Protocol / Freight.
The successful candidate will provide administrative support across the Corporate Services department with a key focus on the core administrative functions within the Protocol / Freight team.
- Preparation of Import and Export clearance documentation
- Establish and maintain useful contacts at the Nigeria Immigration Service, Nigeria Customs Service and Nigeria Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Follow up of approvals with relevant government ministries, departments and agencies including the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Liaising with clearing agents over clearance of general goods including personal effects, motor vehicles, furniture/fittings, medical supplies and perishables and supervising their delivery
- Carry out goods inspection at the air and seaports as required
- Registration of diplomatic vehicles with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, obtain vehicle travel documents and maintenance of an up to date vehicle list for the Mission.
- Processing and obtaining re-entry visas and diplomatic identity cards for members of the UK staff
- Line Manage 2 S1 officers
- Processing and obtaining container demurrage refunds from shipping lines
- Maintain accurate container return record
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Freight and Travel Manager
- Provide admin support across the Corporate Services department as required
- At least 2 years relevant experience in Cargo, Logistics or Freight Management
- At least 2 years relevant experience in an administrative or customer service role
- An excellent command of the English language – oral and written
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills including the ability to work with colleagues across departments
- Good problem solving skills and ability to think outside the box to deal with complex issues
- A self-starter who is able to work with minimal supervision delivering a quality service
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office tools – Word, Outlook and Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the Social Science disciplines
- Making Effective Decisions, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
NGN 405, 972