2020 AWDF 16 Days of Activism Against Gender Based Violence Call for Proposal
Deadline: July 13, 2020.
Making comprehensive and gender-sensitive mental health and wellness
services accessible can allow women and survivors of violence to take
back control of their bodies, sexuality, and lives.
In light of the above, AWDF will focus on ‘women’s mental health and
wellness’ during the 2020 Sixteen Days of Activism Against Gender Based
Violence. Women groups and organisations will be supported during the
activism period to intensify education and awareness on preventing
violence against women and girls (VAWG) as well as promoting women’s
access to comprehensive mental health and wellness services.
AWDF since its inception has supported women’s rights organisations in
Africa to help address violence against women and girls through a variety of
activities including advocating for the enactment of policies that promote
women’s right and its implementation, change social norms to create an
environment for respecting women’s right, create individual awareness and
strengthen women’s capacity to lead their own agenda. Projects supported
have mobilised and organised women and their allies to raise their voices and demand for the rights of women to enjoy their human rights.
• Must have been in existence for at least 3 years
• Must be duly registered, at least with the local government structure
• Must be led by a woman and have a focus on Women’s Rights
• Must have the needed organisational structures for effective
implementation of the project
• Must have an appreciable financial management system to properly
account for funds received
• Must be capable of reporting back on the outcomes of the project
• Must be highly recommended by a donor agency, a grantee or partner
of AWDF or a well-known national women’s rights organisation
• Must complete the necessary application forms
• Must have an annual budget not more than $100,000
The grant size is US$2,000. Therefore, eligible projects should have a budget
of not more than US$2,000 to be supported by AWDF funds. The grant period will be for 4 months from the date of award.
Interested small sized women’s rights organisations should send in their
proposals using the required application guidelines to the AWDF secretariat
via email to firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; The applicant must also
complete and include a financial management assessment form and an