2019 Young Water Fellowship for East African Young Water Entrepreneurs
Deadline: August 18, 2019.
The Young Water Fellowship is our flagship programme, and it aims to empower young leaders from low and middle income countries to set up social businesses that tackle water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), water pollution and water scarcity issues, by offering them an intensive training incubation programme in business & WASH, seed funding grants for their pilot projects, and mentoring support by senior level experts during one year.
- Be 18 to 30 years old at the time of the application
- Be the founder or co-founder of an initiative that contributes to the solution of a well-defined water problem in your country. The initiative should be in its initial stages and have the ability to be turned into a social enterprise (i.e have a long-term sustainability component or business model).
- Be a resident from this list of low and middle income countries.
- Have a valid passport and be available to attend the workshop the dates it will be held
- Be able to communicate in English (intermediate level at least).
1. Fellows attend Cewas’ Start-up training and are trained by experts in: IWRM, Project management, Business, Water and gender, Pitching, SDG 6
among others topics
2. Fellows are assigned water and business mentors according to their needs, who provide technical support and guidance.
3. Fellows are provided with opportunities for seed funding up to €5000 to pilot their initiatives and launch their social businesses