2019 Yenching Global Symposium (YGS)
Deadline: December 8, 2018.
The Yenching Global Symposium (YGS) is an annual event that brings together people from different fields and across generations with a common interest: China. This year, the three-day event will take place in March 2019 and will comprise engaging speakers and interactive events on the topic of Wǒmen: Retelling the China Stories. This conference will feature prominent international scholars and leading young professionals from a wide range of fields and will provide a highly focused, application-based experiential learning platform.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in any field;
- Strong interest in learning about China and engaging in nuanced, interdisciplinary discussions which address critical societal issues relating to China;
- Available for the entirety of the conference, March 29-31st 2019 (and available for any required travel time to and from Beijing);
- Have not attended any of the previous Yenching Global Symposiums or Yenching Social Innovation Forums;
- English Proficiency;
- Leadership potential;
- Bonus: Involvement in China-related activities – academic, voluntary, professional, extra-curricular.
Delegates selected to attend the Yenching Global Symposium will receive fully-funded travel, accommodation, and meals in Beijing for the duration of the conference.
- Please save your responses on a word document for your reference. Drafts will not be saved. Please only submit the full application when all responses are filled;
- Your responses should be maximum of 200 words, and responses fewer than 100 words will not be considered competitive;
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. It is in your best interest to submit your application as soon as possible;
- Incomplete and/or late applications will not be accepted;
- If English is not your first language or you have not graduated from an English-taught program, please provide IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge or CEFR scores. Applicants who do not have IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge or CEFR scores should provide a description of other English proficiency experience.