2019 World Oceans Day Youth Advisory Council Recruitment
Deadline: August 11, 2019.
The World Oceans Day Youth Advisory Council (Council) was created in 2016 to help develop World Oceans Day into a unique way to connect and unite youth around the world for a better future with a healthier ocean that sustains us all, no matter where we live. To do so, the Council uses World Oceans Day to rally the world on and around 8 June and provides opportunities for continued engagement and action year-round.
The Council works closely with The Ocean Project and its global partner network to help shape the development of World Oceans Day and expand its reach and impact by providing new and unique perspectives, ideas, and recommendations for innovative and effective engagement with youth and others from all sectors involved in celebrating World Oceans Day in June. Council members help lead efforts that inspire and support youth and society as a whole to protect and restore our shared ocean.
1. Develop at least one significant World Oceans Day event in their community, and ideally collaborate with other youth to develop multiple events
2. Share World Oceans Day social media posts and develop at least one blog post each year
3. Assist with translating World Oceans Day-related materials
4. Advance World Oceans Day through their own personal networks and connections
5. Connect with the broader World Oceans Day network to engage people in all sectors
6. Represent the Council at events, conferences, and important meetings throughout the year
7. Members should expect to spend an average of approximately 10 hours per month on Council activities, including regularly scheduled Zoom video calls, with slightly more time spent during January – June