2019 US Embassy in Cairo Sport for Community Mentoring Program
Deadline: December 3, 2018.
Sport for Community: Global Sports Mentoring Program (S4C) promotes access and opportunity for people with disabilities through sport. S4C is a month-long, immersive mentorship where international emerging leaders working in disability/adapted sports are matched with leading professionals from some of America’s top organizations in this field. Participants will create action plans to expand or initiate programs designed to increase participation in sports by people with disabilities globally. S4C supports the U.S. foreign policy goal of promoting human rights and removing barriers to create a world in which people with disabilities enjoy dignity and full inclusion.
Up to 18 international candidates will be selected to participate in the month-long program approximately early April to late May 2019.
The most qualified candidates are:
1. Adults ages 25 – 40 who demonstrate the drive and potential to directly improve access to sport for people with disabilities in their home country and beyond.
2. Citizens of Egypt who have not traveled to the United States previously
3. Fluent in English or American Sign Language (for deaf participants)
4. Involved in disability/adapted sport sectors – including Parasport, Special Olympics, deaf sport, coaching, Ministries of Sport, sport for development organizations, sport marketing, sport journalism, or sport management.
5. On a leadership trajectory within their respective organizations.
6. Firmly committed to the month-long program with a willingness to take part in a fully immersive mentorship and interested in developing new partnerships.
7. Confident, mature, self-motivated and driven towards exceptional success.
8. Committed to sharing knowledge and acting as a change agent in home communities.
9. Willing to participate in social media in support of the program during and after the exchange.
Application form (https://eg.usembassy.gov/education-culture/exchange-opportunities/) and all required documents below must be sent via e-mail to CairoProfexchanges@state.gov.
Please send all program inquiries to CairoProfexchanges@state.gov
1. Application Form
2. Updated curriculum vitae
3. Copy of valid passport
4. One or two recommendation letters