2019 UnLtd Programme Manager UK Recruitment
Deadline: June 4, 2019.
UnLtd is the leading provider of support to social entrepreneurs in the UK and offers the largest such network in the world. Our mission is to find social entrepreneurs with bold solutions to today’s challenges. Through funding and support, we help them to realise their potential and create lasting change.
UnLtd supports a range of social entrepreneurs – from start-ups to those with more established social ventures with the opportunity to scale their impact. We operate a unique model by investing directly in individuals who have their social ventures firmly rooted in delivering positive social change. We offer them a complete package of resources; from awards of funding to ongoing advice, networking and practical support.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties for the flawless execution of programmes.
- Ensure that all programmes are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Ensure resource availability and allocation for programme delivery
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress and track project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques. Report and escalate issues as needed to the Head of the team.
- Support the Development team to ensure detailed operational planning is built into major new programme proposals so that programmes can be delivered with quality and impact.
- Work with the Awards Delivery teams to ensure that the budgets and staffing are adequate to support the proposed outputs of all externally funded programmes.
- Work with Development and Research & Impact teams to ensure monitoring, evaluation, data capture and evidence-based learning are an integral part of programme design
- Work with partners to agree programme reporting and ensure this is delivered against.
- Ensure that individual programme evaluation frameworks are implemented through close consultation and collaboration with the Learning & Evaluation Manager/team.
- Agree project KPIs with internal and external stakeholders.
- In collaboration with UnLtd key stakeholders and external partners, develop forms and records to document programme specific activity.
- Share any learning and best practice across all programmes you are responsible for and across the team for other programmes.
- Brief and prepare colleagues for any major new external programme, ensuring full understanding and buy-in to goals and deliverables, as well as alignment with existing activities, capacity and expectations.
- Be accountable for regular communication and reporting to internal stakeholders and partners on budgets, impact and learning, as outlined in funding agreements.
- Manage regular update meetings for internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage all project funds and be accountable for the submission of claims and invoices to funders according to the established timelines.
- Identify, record and evaluate programme risks, report any significant risks to the Head of the team and suggest ways to mitigate against issues.
- You will work with the Head of the team to engage our partners into UnLtd’s work – our vison, mission, strategy and approach. You will identify and bring together everything UnLtd has to offer our partners to enable us to maximise the full value of each partnership.
- You’ll look for opportunities that mutually benefit our partnerships, beyond the specific programme the partner is funding, and you will work with the Head of the team to plan how we can strengthen and deepen each partnership.
- You’ll help identify opportunities for our partners to support our social entrepreneurs directly, for example, as direct routes to market, securing additional pro bono or volunteering support, or as champions in their sector.
- You will be the main point of communication for partners in your portfolio, ensuring that they are kept aware of any key developments and initiatives at UnLtd.
- Where required, you will cover work duties for others in the team in their absence.
- You will adhere to and maintain our ethical standards and methodological approaches
- You will contribute to maintaining the reputation of UnLtd Partnership and Influence Directorate
- You should maintain accurate, up-to-date and organised records for all partners using Dynamics (UnLtd’s CRM database) and in-line with Data Protection regulations.
Knowledge, skills, experience and competencies
- An experienced and accomplished project manager who is driven by delivery excellence.
- Experience of coordinating cross-functional internal and external teams and multi-stakeholder management.
- Good understanding of using project management and / or scheduling tools and software.
- Evidence of influencing at all levels internally and externally with the proven ability to build strong partner relationships.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects/donor relationships while keeping key stakeholders informed and meeting critical deadlines.
- Experience of managing multiple programmes for joint partnerships to a high standard.
- Experience of managing budgets and reporting against them.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplined organisation and working cross-functionally.
- Demonstrable experience of excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office software – word/excel/powerpoint etc
- Experience of using CRM database for donor and data management.
Personal attributes and values
- You get results through relationship building both internally and externally.
- Your attention to detail is excellent.
- You are results driven and the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- You are flexible, diplomatic, assertive, with good negotiating skills
- You are energetic and self-motivated – eager to source new ideas and to initiate actions which improve results and add value
- You are a team player and work collaboratively to ensure the best possible outcome for UnLtd, our partners and the social entrepreneurs we support
- You demonstrate personal integrity always
- You are methodical and well-organised, adept at juggling multiple concurrent priorities and demands
- You are ambitious for yourself and for UnLtd
- You have a connection with our vision and a belief that our mission is a worthwhile goal
- You are willing to travel across the UK
1. A statement of interest will be asked for together with a current CV, followed by a panel interview – Supporting statement should be 1 page of A4 max to say why you want the role and your suitability. To be sent by 9.00am on Tuesday 4th June 2019.
2. Job descriptions cannot be exhaustive. You may also be expected to support and deliver other projects and tasks, in line with your skills and experience that contribute to our overall organisation objectives beyond your core role.
3. You may also be required to attend events during non-work hours and weekends (in line with a TOIL scheme), and you will be expected to travel within the UK, particularly to our other offices.
4. To apply visit: https://recruitment.unltd.org.uk/