2019 UNFCCC-GIR-CASTT Training on Greenhouse Gas Inventories
Deadline: May 10, 2019.
The programme seeks to provide professional training on greenhouse gas inventories to national experts from developing countries. The training is the first of its kind under the UNFCCC-CASTT initiative on climate action support and transparency training.
Overall, the comprehensive programme looks to facilitate effective and universal participation of countries in the measurement, reporting and verification arrangements under the UNFCCC and the transparency framework under the Paris Agreement.
Its goal is to enhance the technical capacity of individuals and to improve the overall competency in reporting and in contributing to climate action.
1. Current government officials, consultant and researchers
2. Relevant experience in GHGs or climate change response-related field
3. Entry-mid level professionals
4. Bachelor’s degree or higher
5. Capability to understand lectures and give presentations in English (Candidates may be administered an English test via phone)
6. Individuals with an intermediate IT proficiency
The training will begin on 22 July and run for four weeks in the Republic of Korea. Participants will be provided a return ticket from and to their home countries, as well as room and board for the duration of the training.