2019 UNESCO MGIEP World Youth Conference on Kindness
Deadline: June 30, 2019.
The first World Youth Conference on Kindness – Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam: Gandhi for the Contemporary World is bringing together 100 rigorously selected young leaders, and experts from around the world to expound what inspiration they could draw from Gandhi’s ideas to non-violently transform their societies towards sustainable peace.
The first year of the Conference profoundly coincides with the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. This is significant as the pursuit of peace through the practice of truth, nonviolence, compassion and kindness is Gandhi’s gift to the world.
1. Age: 18 to 35 years as on August 1, 2016
2. Kindness story: a powerful kindness story on SDGs
3. Area of expertise: working on SDGs, especially SDG 4.7, education, social and emotional learning, ESD,GCED, peace education, non-violence, youth engagement, policy influence, peace and conflict resolution and related fields and be able to show evidence of achievements
4. Demonstrate: prior experience of participating in policy engagement, social action projects, innovative education projects and campaigns, and an interest in peace building, nonviolence and SDGs, either in youth, community or workplace settings.
5. Active: must be actively/currently involved in the ‘area of profession/expertise
6. Available: must be available for active and engaging online discussion starting June 10, 2019 and to do an online course on SEL from July 10, 2019
7. Influential: Highly influential and able to mobilize grassroots youth and community stakeholders in hundreds for acts of kindness. The selection to be part of the 100, and most importantly, the high level panel speakers will be on the basis of how much an applicant has mobilized fellow youth in his or her community
8. Diversity: Geographic, gender, age, and sector diversity will be considered
1. Limited number of applicants will receive travel sponsorship, with special preference given to applications from developing countries. UNESCO MGIEP will provide roundtrip air tickets between the participants’ nearest airport and New Delhi, India as well as accommodation and meals.
2. Please note that participants are responsible for their domestic transportation, visa application and traveler’s insurance. If you can cover your roundtrip airfares, please check the box in the application form.
3. Accommodation and meals will be provided to all selected participants.
You will need to share the following information as part of the application process, so please keep at hand:
• Your contact details and personal information
• A 3-minute video explaining why we should choose you! Please upload this as a private video to YouTube and share the private link with us in the application form
• APPLY for the Conference with this LINK : https://unesco-mgiep.typeform.com/to/mGIvKH
• Successful and unsuccessful applicants will be informed of the selection results via email in first week of July 2019.