2020 UNESCO MGIEP Rethinking Youth Consultant Recruitment
Deadline: February 28, 2020.
The UNESCO Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development (MGIEP) is an integral part of UNESCO, and is a specialized Category-I institute that works the UN SDG 4.7 towards education for peace and sustainable development to foster global citizenship. The Institute develops programmes that promote socio-emotional learning through innovative digital pedagogies, and empowering the youth.
The UNESCO MGIEP youth program attempts to mobilize the Voices of the Youth on matters relating to the Futures of Education. In this broad context, the #KindnessMatters global campaign aims to put into practise experiential pedagogy transformative acts of kindness. The campaign amplifies stories of unheard heroes who are changing the world by their transformative and innovative acts of kindness as part of their learning process. In addition, Institute solicits views and aspirations of youth from around the globe on the future of education.
Under the overall authority of the Director of UNESCO MGIEP, and reporting to the Head of the Rethinking Youth Programme, the Consultant would undertake the following responsibilities:
1. Design and implement a digital promotional campaign to attract at least 6,000 base stories of kindness
2. Select, design, and launch a publication of the 50 very best stories of kindness
3. Secure 500 new members for the Global Youth Alliance for Kindness (GYAK) network
4. Oversee a comprehensive online survey using innovative existing networks to solicit views and suggestions from approximately 500,000 youth across the world on their perceptions and expectations on the Futures of Education
5. Assist with the organization of the 2nd World Youth Conference and Concert on Kindness including advancing the UN Declaration of Kindness
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate the following competencies:
1. Understanding of socio-emotional learning
2. Project and event management
3. Communication Skills
4. Global teamwork
5. Ability to work under high pressure
1. University Degree on relevant subject
2. At least 4 years of experience in youth related issues
3. Experience in implementing digital promotional campaigns and organizing large events
4. Experience working with the major global youth stakeholders and key events
5. Understanding of the roles and mandate of UNESCO and in particular in youth issues
6. Excellent analytical and drafting skills in English.
ROUND TRIP AIR PARE ( ECONOMY CLASS) and VISA Fee will be provided to the selected candidate.
Please send mail on E: firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject Line should only mention the TITLE of the post.
Submit below mentioned document while applying
1. Cover letter
2. Detailed resume
3. UNESCO CV
4. A sample (links) of previous work in the same field
Only NON- Indian candidates will be contacted for interview.