2019 UNESCO Arab World Heritage Young Professionals Forum
Deadline: October 3, 2019.
The Arab World Heritage Young Professionals Forum will take place from 2 to 6 December 2019 in Tunis, Tunisia, and will gather up to 38 participants from the Arab States region. The Forum aims to engage and empower youth in the Arab States region in their critical roles as global citizens towards peacebuilding, through the protection, preservation and promotion of World Heritage.
The five-day Forum will gather up to 38 young professionals from the Arab States
region, 2 representatives from each of the 19 countries (Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq,
Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi
Arabia, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen).
Participants are expected to:
1. have relevant experience in the field of World Heritage; and be working on
protection, preservation and promotion of heritage in their regular activities
2. be working in and/or demonstrate interest in the promotion of peace
3. be citizens of one of the 19 countries in the Arab States region
4. be between 23 and 32 years of age on the date of application
5. be fluent in English
6. be motivated and committed to implementing the outcomes of the Forum in their
7. be available for the entire duration of the Forum
Note: Presenting project proposals and ideas related to World Heritage that promote
peacebuilding, while applying, will be considered an additional asset.
1. The Forum will take place from 2 to 6 December 2019, in Tunis, Tunisia. The
participants are expected to arrive on Sunday 1 December, remain available for the
entire duration of the Forum until 6 December, included.
2. All expenses related to the participation in the Forum will be covered (including
transportation – economy class, meals and accommodation for the duration of the
All interested candidates are invited to complete the online application form
Please note that candidates are also requested to attach their CVs, along with
the application form.