2019 SIWI call for Young Professionals to join World Water Week’s Scientific Programme Committee.
Deadline: December 3, 2018.
SIWI is seeking nine committed young professionals to provide support to World Water Week’s Scientific Programme Committee.
Joining the Young Scientific Programme Committee (YSPC) is an opportunity for young professionals to expand their network and gain valuable experience. SIWI will provide each of the YSPC members with a full week complimentary registration to World Water Week.
As one of the leading actors in the water sector, Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI) is committed to developing the future leaders of the water community. SIWI has organised the prestigious Stockholm Junior Water Prize competition since 1997, and since 2008 the Young Water Professionals Seminar.
The Young Scientific Programme Committee initiative, which started in 2011, provides professionals at the start of their careers with an exciting opportunity to collaborate with top level scientists and water professionals in developing the programme of one of the most renowned water conferences. In addition, the involvement of young professionals will provide the Scientific Programme Committee with fresh input and perspectives.
The nine members of the YSPC work together with the Scientific Programme Committee to develop the programme of the thematic seminars. Tasks include:
- Screen and review abstracts received for each of the seminars (January to March)
- Provide support to the planning of the seminar programme (April to August)
- Support the seminar rapporteur teams
- To be eligible, candidates should be under 35 years of age.
- . All self-nominations need to be received by 3 December 2018.
Those interested in being part of the YSPC should contact [email protected] with the following information:
- Recommendation letter
- Motivation letter (max. 200 words)
- The seminar you would like to be involved in