2019 Senior Faculty (Director, Training Program) vacancy at MEST
MEST is a Pan-African training program, seed fund & incubator, headquartered in Accra, Ghana. We offer a 1-year training program for skilled, aspiring tech entrepreneurs, led by a staff of internationally experienced teaching fellows. Each year, we look for Africa’s top talent looking to begin their journey toward becoming globally successful software entrepreneurs.
The purpose of the Senior Faculty role is to lead and manage the Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) so that students (entrepreneurs-in-training) within the one-year program are able to form new software companies that are fundable and compelling.
The Senior Faculty will be required to drive an excellent student experience through cutting edge teaching methods and latest thinking in curriculum content and design with support from other teaching staff who bring diverse experiences.
As the voice of the school, you will play a leadership role across MEST and within the MEST Leadership Team.
- Design, develop and provide an implementation plan for the curriculum of teaching content – iterate when required.
- To provide mentorship to assigned teams and individuals particularly leveraging your areas of expertise.
- To provide leadership on a day to day basis for the school and manage the performance of operational staff to deliver on time and within budget.
- To promote and advocate for the school externally and build a reputation to be best on the continent – specifically to source funding and engage in public speaking to promote the brand.
- To ensure KPIs are met, take corrective action where needed, update leadership and propose changes which will continue to drive higher standards within the training program.
- To build community by defining the student and fellow experience, managing expectations and taking feedback on execution.
- 10+ years experience in higher level education as an educator within technology and or entrepreneurship practitioner.
- 10+ years experience in leading and managing educational/training facilities at a national level, some of which should be on the continent.
- Proven research ability and track record of publications, recognized as a thought leader within the continent.
- Excellent speaker/teacher
- Leadership across disciplines and geographies with diverse individuals
- Decision making
- Lifelong Learner
- International Visa and Travel Expenses
- Salary commensurate with experience