2019 SDSN Internship in Communications and Content Management, New York
Deadline: April 15, 2019.
The Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) has been operating since 2012 under the auspices of the Secretary-General of the United Nations to support the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Paris Agreement on Climate Change. It is directed by Professor Jeffrey D. Sachs, SDG Advocate, and has offices in New York, Paris, and New Delhi.
SDSN’s National and Regional networks support the localization of SDGs and their implementation, develop long-term transformation pathways for sustainable development, promote education around Agenda 2030, and launch solution initiatives.
The Networks Intern will be expected to work 15-20 hours/week, and will be responsible for:
- Draft and edit news posts, press releases and emails for a multicultural, global audience
- Develop content for social media and SDSN’s internal communication channels, and draft visually appealing posts
- Monitor social media and draft responses to community posts/comments/inquiries
- Draft, reformat, and upload content into a private online platform for SDSN network members
- Assist in the management of the SDSN members’ online community
- Engage with network contacts in various countries to source content such as photos, videos, and written pieces for communications initiatives
- Assist the SDSN Team with content migration between two web platforms
1. Eligibility to work in the United States required.
2. Current undergraduate or graduate student in sustainable development (or similar), marketing or communications required. Only applicants with these specializations will be considered.
3. The candidate must be proficient in the use of social media platforms (Facebook and Twitter) and have experience preparing content for upload to different platforms (i.e. Canva or other design software).
4. The candidate should be able to manage multiple tasks, be well-organized, and work well both as part of an international team and independently. Impeccable command of English (oral and written) is required. Proficiency in other languages (Spanish, Portuguese) is an asset.
Compensation: $15-18/hour, depending on experience (15-20 hours/week)