2019 Salzburg Global Forum for Young Cultural Innovators
Deadline: September 9, 2019.
The Salzburg Global Forum for Young Cultural Innovators empowers rising talents in the creative sector to drive social, economic and urban change. Launched in 2014, it is building a global network of 500 competitively-selected changemakers in “hub” communities who design collaborative projects, build skills, gain mentors, and connect to upcoming innovators in their cities and countries.
To qualify, all applicants must:
- Be 25–35 years of age.
- Be proficient in English, the working language of the Forum.
- Have at least 2–3 years of professional experience in the arts and culture sector.
- Want to become an active member of the YCI global network, and be prepared to commit time, energy, and resources to sustaining this.
- Aim to create social change and strengthen the position of the arts and cultural institutions within your community.
- Demonstrate creativity in approach to work, openness to innovation and risk-taking, action-orientation, and entrepreneurial inclination.
- Have a cross-sectoral approach to work and demonstrate an interest in building cross-sectoral alliances/partnerships beyond the cultural sector.
- Exhibit passion, enthusiasm, and leadership potential with prizes, awards, recommendations, citations confirming this.
All applicants must submit the following information online using the registration form at my.salzburgglobal.org:
A personal statement (approx. 500 words) detailing:
- Your motivation for applying to the Young Cultural Innovators Forum; A description of the biggest issue facing you in your work;
- What you will contribute to the local and global YCI network;
- How your participation will have an impact on your local community.
A brief bio (sample on application form).
A headshot photo of yourself.
A CV/Resume including name and email address of 2 references.