2019 Salzburg Global Forum for Young Cultural Innovators in the USA
Deadline: September 9, 2019.
Salzburg Global Seminar invites young cultural innovators based in Minnesota,
North Dakota, South Dakota, or one of the 23 Native Nations that share the same
geography to apply for the 6th annual session of the Young Cultural Innovators
Forum, generously supported by the Bush Foundation and the McKnight
The Young Cultural Innovators (YCI) Forum is designed to nurture the current generation of young cultural innovators through capacity building, mentoring, and global networking. Young cultural innovators (YCIs) are highly motivated, creative catalysts with high potential to produce positive community change, particularly in underserved communities. The YCI Forum engages these change agents representing a broad spectrum of cultural expression and artistic endeavor including visual arts, performing arts, literature, cultural heritage, food, fashion, architecture, and design.
To qualify, all applicants must:
- Be 25–35 years of age.
- Be proficient in English, the working language of the Forum.
- Have at least 2–3 years of professional experience in the arts and culture sector.
- Want to become an active member of the YCI global network, and be prepared to commit time, energy, and resources to sustaining this.
- Aim to create social change and strengthen the position of the arts and cultural institutions within your community.
- Demonstrate creativity in approach to work, openness to innovation and risk-taking, action-orientation, and entrepreneurial inclination.
- Have a cross-sectoral approach to work and demonstrate an interest in building cross-sectoral alliances/partnerships beyond the cultural sector.
- Exhibit passion, enthusiasm, and leadership potential with prizes, awards, recommendations, citations confirming this.
Selected participants will have the opportunity to:
• Participate in YCI Forum in Salzburg, Austria, taking place October 22 to 27, 2019;
• Apply for funding to support local collaborative projects;
• Participate in regional convenings in the Upper Midwest;
• Become part of the Upper Midwest YCI Hub and the global YCI network.
All applicants must submit the following information online using the registration form at my.salzburgglobal.org:
A personal statement (approx. 500 words) detailing:
- Your motivation for applying to the Young Cultural Innovators Forum; A description of the biggest issue facing you in your work;
- What you will contribute to the local and global YCI network;
- How your participation will have an impact on your local community.
A brief bio (sample on application form).
A headshot photo of yourself.
A CV/Resume including name and email address of 2 references.