2019 Sahara Group Limited Head Stores Nigeria Recruitment
Deadline: June 16, 2019.
Egbin Power Plc. housed along the Lagos Lagoon, is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the ever rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.
To oversee all store activities and operations from planning to the implementation of key strategies and store requirements. Will be responsible for overseeing all the stores in Egbin Power Plc.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and direct the activities of subordinates in performing the team’s activities and ensure compliance with the organization’s operating policies, controls and procedures
- Liaise with user units/departments in establishing economic order quantities and safety stock
- Implement controls to ensure regular availability of stock in line with approved standards
- Liaise with relevant account’s department to value inventory in accordance with policies
- Provide information to the Head Procurement on end-user feedback on the quality of items procured, slow and obsolete stock as well as any items that may not currently be in stock
- Implement controls to ensure that conditions (quantity and quality) of supplied stock from vendors are consistent with documentation and requirements
- Develop unique strategies for and coordinate inspection of goods delivered to prevent discrepancies
- Understand the nature of stock to be delivered, determine and prepare necessary conditions for smooth and speedy stock receipt
- Drive the development of protocols for inventory storage and arrangement
- Coordinate screening of all non-stock items’ purchase indents for inventory control
- Oversee housekeeping and maintenance of stores
- Coordination with all external agencies e.g. weights and measures, trade tax authority, insurance companies, vendors and transporters, etc.
- Conduct performance review of subordinates.
- Prepare periodic report for the attention of the Head, Procurement and Stores
- Approve expenditure within the limits of approval.
1. Education and Work Experience
- A university degree in Engineering, business, accounting or administration from a reputable university
- Postgraduate degree or relevant professional certification in Procurement or Inventory Management will be an added advantage
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ relevant work experience in a similar role
2. Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of custody, storage, preservation methods and packaging techniques for materials stores management
- Knowledge of inventory valuation and management tools, concepts and techniques
- Working knowledge of public procurement laws and regulations
- Written and oral communication skills
- Interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Know-how of inventory management and control system including stock monitoring and codification
- Knowledge of insurance and risk management
- Knowledge of material accounting systems
- Good use of IT systems for stores management
- Must be vigilant, detailed and pay attention to details
- Understanding of vigilance policies and procedures for scrap management
- Ability to communicate and conduct presentations to all levels in the organization, including senior management
- Ability to solve complex problems and take a new perspective using existing solutions