2019 Reporters Without Borders/ Taz Panter Foundation Break Scholarship for Journalist
Deadline: June 16, 2019.
The Auszeit scholarship is the joint project of Reporters Without Borders and the taz Panter Foundation, a non-profit organization affiliated with “die tageszeitung” (taz). The scholarship is financially supported by the ZEIT Foundation Ebelin and Gerd Bucerius as well as the Evangelical Church in Germany (EKD).
Every year, we invite three journalists from war and crisis regions to stay in Berlin for a limited time. We offer you refuge and rest for three months.
- Journalists who need a break.
- This can be the case, for example, when working in war or in trouble areas
- or if they should not live in the eyes of state security agencies for a while.
- Participants should be able to communicate in at least simple English or German.
- You should also have adequate working experience as a journalist.
- In addition, they should have the firm intention to return to their country of origin after the three-month residence period.
1. They reimburse travel expenses, make a pleasant apartment, pay a monthly scholarship in the amount of 1000 € and make it possible to use public transport in Berlin for three months.
2. Participants can, if they wish, withdraw completely from public life and use the time to write or think. Maybe you also want to explore the political and cultural life in Berlin. We will help with everything.
Please send the completed application form and the other requested documents by 16 June 2019 to: [email protected]