2019 Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships in Papua New Guinea
Deadline: June 26, 2019.
Applications are now open for the second round of Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships.Join more than 35,000 individuals who have benefitted from the life-changing opportunities a Commonwealth Scholarship offers and contribute to the development of the future Commonwealth.
The following courses are available/eligible for this award:
- Master of Science (MSc) in Agriculture
- Master of Science (MSc) in Forestry
- Master of Science in Applied Physics
- Master of Technology in Exploration Geophysics
- Master of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Communication Studies (MCS)
Before applying, please check you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You must be a citizen of (or hold refugee status in) a Commonwealth country other than the country hosting the award
- You must have completed an undergraduate degree at a 2:1 equivalent level (or that will enable you to gain entry to a postgraduate course)
- You should have an aggregated average of 65% marks or 2.65 GPA out of 4
If you can demonstrate English language skills with an English competency qualification, this will be an added advantage.
1) A life-changing opportunity for cultural exchange and academic collaboration, studying in unique environments across the globe.
2) Awards are for two-year Master’s degrees and are not applicable to distance learning courses.
3) Award allowances include:
- Fully-funded tuition fees
- Living expenses (stipend) for duration of award
- Return economy flight
- One-off arrival allowance
- Research support grant (on request)
1) Make sure that you have the following documentation to upload to your application:
- High school certificate
- Undergraduate transcript (and graduation certificate)
- Two references – preferably academic
- Scan of passport or national ID card
- Proof of English language ability if English is not your first language
2) Complete a QECS application online
3) Submit a separate application for admission to your chosen course at PNG Unitech – this can be completed after you have submitted your QECS application.