2019 Overseas Development Institute Fellowship Scheme
Deadline: December 2, 2018.
ODI are now inviting applications for the 2019-2021 Fellowship Scheme; the deadline is 2 December 2018. To apply, please complete our online application form.
ODI’s prestigious Fellowship Scheme gives postgraduate economists and statisticians the chance to work in developing country public sectors as local civil servants on two-year contracts.
The Scheme has two objectives: to provide developing country governments with high-calibre junior economists and statisticians where there are gaps in local capacity; and to give postgraduate economists and statisticians practical work experience in a developing country.
Since 1963 we have sent more than 1,000 economists and statisticians on two-year postings to more than 40 countries across Africa, Asia, the Caribbean and the Pacific, with many going on to successful careers in government, multilateral institutions, academia and the private sector. More than one hundred Fellows are currently in post.
1. The Fellowship Scheme is open to candidates of any nationality.
2. Applicant must have a master’s degree or PhD in economics, econometrics, statistics or a related field. Suitable specialisms include agricultural, environmental, international, health or development economics.
3. Must also be willing to commit to a two-year posting in any of the participating countries.
4. They are looking for candidates who have a demonstrable interest in development; relevant work or voluntary experience in a developing country, and strong computer skills.
5. Although most Fellowship posts are in English-speaking countries, French, Portuguese or Swahili language skills are an advantage for several posts.
1. The salary is £21,000 for the first year, rising to £23,000 in the second. In addition, Fellows receive a rental allowance to cover the cost of their accommodation.
2. ODI provides medical insurance for the period of your posting.