2024 BA/Leverhulme Senior Research Fellowship (Funding Available)
Deadline: November 15, 2023.
Particular focus is on individuals who have not been able to focus on research due to their other responsibilities, and so the aim of this scheme is to allow successful award-holders to concentrate on bringing a major piece of research towards completion.
Please note – applicants who have already applied to the Academy’s 2023-24 round of the Mid-Career Fellowship scheme should note that they are not permitted to apply to the BA/Leverhulme Senior Research Fellowship scheme in the autumn of 2023.
- The Academy takes no account of an applicant’s age or current status (e.g. Professor, Lecturer) in determining eligibility for these awards.
- Rather, in all cases, award-holders are expected to be able to disseminate the results of their research not only through publications, but also through feeding into their future academic career after the end of the awards.
- Any field of study in the humanities and social sciences is suitable for support.
- Additionally, applicants must be employed in a UK institution.
- These awards are not covered under the Full Economic Costing (FEC) regime. The only costs payable will be the salary of a replacement lecturer, who should normally be at an early career stage and appointed at the usual starting salary for first-time appointments, together with associated employers’ costs of NI and USS (and London Allowance where applicable).
- Limited research expenses up to a maximum of £5,000. No other directly incurred, directly allocated or indirect costs can be met by the British Academy or the Leverhulme Trust in connection with these Fellowships.
- Providing it is for the same project, it is acceptable to apply for a BA/Leverhulme Small Research Grant scheme at the same time, and to hold both awards if successful in both schemes, provided that there will be no duplication of costs.
- Fellowships are tenable for one year with the start date falling between 1 September 2024 and 1 January 2025.
Apply through the OFFICIAL LINK