2019 Orange Corners Nigeria Startup Challenge for Agro-Food and Sustainable Cities Innovators
Deadline: May 17, 2019.
Through Orange Corners we provide young entrepreneurs with a 6-month incubation progamme. At the same time, Orange Corners serves as a bridge between these innovative entrepreneurs and the private sector. This offers a great benefit to all partners involved. Orange Corners is an initiative of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in collaboration with a local service provider.
- A Dutch startup – or based in the Netherlands – and do you have a solution for a challenge related to one of the SDGs and relevant to the Nigerian context?
- Active in the agro-food sector or do you offer a solution that contributes to the theme “sustainable cities and circular solutions”?
- Excited to travel to Nigeria together with Minister Kaag and other Dutch companies to explore business opportunities?
- You have to qualify as a startup, meaning:
- Your company does not exist longer than 5 years
- Your company offers a new and innovative product with a high growth potential
- Your startup has to offer a solution for a challenge related to one of the SDGs and relevant for the Nigerian context;
- Your startup is already in business, meaning that you are already selling products or services to customers;
- Your startup has to be active in the agro-food sector (could also be agro-logistics or other related themes) or offer a solution related to the theme sustainable cities and circular solutions;
- Business experience in Africa is a plus;
- We strongly encourage young and female entrepreneurs to take part in this challenge! In case of equal qualifications age and gender will be decisive in our judgement.
- Join the 3-day trade mission led by Minister of Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation, Sigrid Kaag, to Lagos, Nigeria (max. 2 persons per startup) from the 9 July – 12 July. This will include company visits, matchmaking with local partners, networking, flights and hotel. Not included: food and drinks not included in the mission fee, visa and vaccinations,
- A meet and greet with Minister of Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation, Sigrid Kaag.
- A chance to discover new business opportunities for your startup in Nigeria
- Please send a video (max. 2 min) about why your startup should accompany the Minister on this trade mission to Nigeria! Be creative!
- Send along basic information regarding your startup (pitch-deck); what is the value proposition of your product or service, what is the target segment, what is the business model.
- Send your submission to [email protected]