2019 ONE Champion in Nigeria 4th Cohort Program
Deadline: March 31, 2019.
ONE in Nigeria is recruiting for its 4th cohort of the ONE Champions Program. This is a voluntary program where ONE will recruit, train, and support 50 emerging leaders between 18-35 years of age who will champion causes ONE supports at the grassroots, state and federal level in Nigeria. ONE advocates and campaigns on education, health, agriculture and transparency as a means to fight poverty with focus on gender and youth.
ONE champions will work closely with the ONE Nigeria Country program, led by the Country Director and will work with the direction and support of the ONE Campaigns team to come up with innovative and exciting ways to engage policymakers to secure policy changes and public investments to address poverty in Nigeria.
ONE Champions will have access to a range of campaign and advocacy tools and activities,and will receive support to design and develop their own action plans with the ONE team.
They will be expected to deliver a range of actions, including but not limited to:
1. Meet with decision-makers, movers and shakers
2. Use social media to raise awareness and create change
3. Encouraging the public to take online and in person campaign actions
4. Develop analyses and write ups on key issues
5. Help to plan and deliver campaigns actions, stunts and member-recruitment activities
6. Help ONE identify strategic personalities to lobby in your constituency
7. Keep ONE informed on key developments in their communities and develop content
8. Partner with our team to plan events and social media activities
9. Help ONE identify strategic media institutions to target in order to maximize publicity
10. Assist in the mobilization of members in Nigeria
11. Raise ONE’s profile in your community
ONE Champions will have:
1. A passion for our mission to end extreme poverty and an interest in international issues
2. Willingness to attend a programme induction and training in person in Abuja
3. Great communication and teamwork skills
4. Ability to build and maintain relationships
5. Ability to encourage and support others
6. Strong organisational skills with the ability to organise own workload efficiently
7. A clear commitment to integrity
8. A commitment to stay engaged with the ONE Campaign throughout the year
9. Passion for creating change
10. Proven commitment to efforts to end poverty
11. Interest in engaging policymakers on issues of relevance
12. Willingness to dedicate some time to raise awareness and mobilise different people to support ONE’s initiatives
13. Only applicants who are between the ages of 18 and 35 will be considered.
1. A fantastic opportunity and network to make significant impact in your community and the world working with a highly visible, mission-driven organisation in an incredible, supportive environment.
2. Trainings on grassroots campaigning and advocacy
3. Gain experience on the practical side of campaigning
4. Opportunities to engage with policy makers
5. Receive a ONE certificate of appreciation/completion
6. Exposure and Represent ONE at both local and international conferences