2019 Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NESG) Essay Contest for Undergraduates in Nigeria
Deadline: June 24, 2019.
Applications for the Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NESG) Essay Competition 2019 are now open. The theme for the 2019 edition of the essay is “Enhancing Confidence in Nigeria for Nation Building: Towards Economic Success and Improved Quality of life for Nigerians.”
In the light of the challenges that have constantly plagued the Nigerian economy such as high levels of corruption and rent seeking, insecurity and insurgency, poor and deteriorating human capital indices, slow and non-inclusive economic growth, slow diversification of the economy, year-on-year budget deficits, economic regression of sub-nationals amongst others, Nigeria has remained a low-trust country and this has resulted in a slow-paced growth.
With an outlook of building a nation that is competitive and sustainable, Nigeria sets to embark on the long march towards economic growth and improved quality of life for its people. Bearing in mind the highly diverse nature of Nigeria, we cannot therefore shy away from the arduous task of rebuilding trust and confidence in her people. It is on this premise that the NESG calls for applicants for the essay competition.
- Entrants must be undergraduates of Nigerian Universities
- Entries must be written in English
- One entry per participant
- 1,500 maximum word count
- Plagiarism is not accepted
- All entries must be properly referenced using the American Psychological Association style (APA) style
The top three students will receive:
- Paid Internship at the NESG
- All expense paid trip to 25th Nigerian Economic Summit in Abuja, October 2019
- Essay presentation to an audience of top public/private officials
- Prestigious certificate of performance