2019 Mophradat’s Arts Fellowship Program
Deadline: December 3, 2018.
Mophradat is partnering with various international organizations to set up residency opportunities for artists, musicians, and writers from the Arab world. Residencies provide an occasion for practitioners to immerse themselves in a different context and take time out from their regular routine to focus exclusively on their practice. It is also a chance to visit international exhibitions and institutions, and meet a new art community and professional peers. Applicants must be arts practitioners from or living in the Arab world who are primarily engaged with artistic concerns and aim toward high artistic merit.
- Applicants must have at least three years of experience as curators, managers, producers, and administrators in a field of contemporary arts (all disciplines are welcome)
- Applicants must speak one of the organization’s working languages, and have basic computer skills
- Applicants must have been living in the city of the program for at least one year
- Applicants must be from the Arab world or be of recent Arab origin
- Applicants must be available to commit themselves to the program from January 7, 2019
- Applicants holding a degree in an arts discipline or related cultural field preferred
- Students enrolled in undergraduate or Masters’ programs are not eligible to apply
- Applications must be sent directly to the host institutions based on their open call:Contemporary Image Collective (CiC) – Cairo
SALT – Istanbul
State of Concept – Athens
- Deadline for all applications is December 3, 2018.
- Selected applicants will be informed by the host organization no later than December 17, 2018.
- Fellowships will start 7 January 2019, and run for twelve weeks.
- At the end of the program, fellows must provide their host and Mophradat with a narrative summary of what they feel they learned and achieved, and any improvements they think the program could benefit from.