2019 MasterCard/ AIMS Mathematics Teacher Training Program Pedagogic Advisor– French for TTP Cameroon Recruitment
Deadline: September 15, 2019.
The AIMS Mathematics Teacher Training Program (TTP) in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation seeks to improve the quality of Mathematics Education in secondary schools, thereby increasing the number of students that will go into STEM related profession especially girls. This is done through a cascade model where Master Trainers are trained by internal and external experts and these Master Trainers equip secondary school Mathematics teachers (In-Service and Pre-Service) with knowledge, skills and attitude they need, to prepare and deliver interesting, participating, engaging, innovative and gender
sensitive mathematics lessons.
A- Programme Design & Delivery
1.Contribute to revision and publishing of training curricula and training manuals.
2. Work with Master Trainers to prepare training materials for the TTP training activities.
3. Assist in delivering TTP training courses according to the TTP vision.
4. Lead an efficient training program for teachers (In-Service, Pre-Service) in mathematics Education.
5. Design and develop resources for teachers so as to ensure interactive engaging lessons,
6. Provide continuous coaching and support to teachers after their training to ensure effective implementation of acquired skills.
7. Support development of gender sensitive teaching materials and activities.
8. Ensuring they understand the material during training, tutorials, practice teaching and other sessions;
9. Assisting them in designing teaching kits and teaching resources; and
10. Proofreading and correcting their written work, including projects, teaching kits and
11. Recruit teachers for and organize and tutor distance learning in collaboration with the IT Officer for distance education recruited for that program.
12. Develop training resources for teachers
13. Disseminate resources and best practices through seminars, lectures and tutorials as well as outside of the academic environment.
1. Qualified Secondary School Mathematics Teacher.
2. DIPES 2 or any equivalent diploma; a research Master or a PhD in Mathematics in addition would be an advantage.
3. Good knowledge of both French speaking and English speaking sub –systems of education in Cameroon.
4. Fluent in French and good knowledge of English.
5. Minimum of 10 years of teaching experience in secondary school and minimum of 5 years as either a mentor (HoD, trainer of Pre-Service, Inspector, or lecturing/researching mathematics in higher education).
6. Very good communication and analytical skills and ability to think independently
7. Strong commitment to AIMS
8. Very interested in Mathematics and Mathematics education.
9. Very good knowledge and practice of the use of ICT for the production of mathematics teaching resources (LMS, MOOC, Latex, Maxima, GeoGebra, PowerPoint, Excel, etc)- In addition, being author of some mathematics books or lecture notes would be an asset.
10. Enthusiasm to work in a culturally diverse organization, ability to work with diverse range of people (trainees, trainers, staff) for the successful operation of the program.
Submit your letter of motivation, including salary expectations together with a detailed CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please quote “Pedagogic Advisor TTP-CAM” in the subject line).