2020 AIMS-NEI Director, Gender Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Recruitment
Deadline: February 28, 2020.
Based from the AIMS-NEI Secretariat, and reporting to the Vice President & Chief Programs Office the Director, Gender Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (GEDI) you champion the portfolio by providing strategic direction, program and technical management, across the network, to enable the organization to meet desired objectives by contributing to the promotion and engagement of women in STEM-related educational and professional opportunities – ultimately to influence the impact of economic development in Africa and beyond.
As a career ambassador for all that Gender Equality, Diversity & Inclusion stands for, you have a demonstrated track record of notable and meaningful impact having spearheaded the integration of practical and sustainable methodologies to successfully mainstream GEDI initiatives across all levels of staff and across multiple geographical regions. You recognize the value of creating and building collaborative relationships, both inside and outside of the organization, to foster and encourage a community-based spirit of engagement and accountability in shifting the collective mindset around gender-bias.
You bring impeccable communications skills – both orally and in writing– you are at ease representing and speaking in various forums, and your exposure and experience with multiple cultures positions you well to effectively manage contrary perspectives. In addition, you are an adept facilitator with an experienced yet innovative approach to build and grow capacity.
1. Master’s degree and 10 years of relevant experience or PhD and 8 years of relevant experience or graduate degree in international development, organizational development, women’s studies or other social sciences, or a related field
2. Well-developed professional networks and recognized thought leader in the field of GEDI
3. Excellent communication skills, including writing (proposals, reports, and other communications) and public speaking
4. Experience working in multiple sectors and in both international and domestic settings
5. Ability to work sensitively in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relations with partners and staff
6. Strong technical expertise in gender analysis and gender integration
7. Significant experience in capacity building and facilitation
8. Fluency in English and French languages
9. Strong strategic planning, organization, and problem-solving skills
10. Excellent team building and interpersonal communications skills and successful experience in managing and motivating diverse teams of staff and consultants
11. Self-sufficient with Outlook 365, SharePoint and Skype
12. Availability to travel within and outside of Africa for periodic in-country stays of up to 2 weeks.
Submit your letter of motivation, including salary expectations together with a detailed CV as one document, in English to: [email protected] (Please quote “Director, GEDI” in the subject line).