2019 Marion Dönhoff Fellowship at the Michael Succow Foundation
Deadline: January 1, 2019.
The Marion Dönhoff Foundation therefore funds a fellowship programme of the Michael Succow Foundation: The Marion Dönhoff Grant supports open and critical debates in the areas of environmental journalism, political ecology and sustainable development. It sponsors persons and organisations involved in these areas in former Soviet countries. In the spirit of Marion Dönhoff the aim is to strengthen proactive behaviour and individuals’ awareness to be jointly responsible for common welfare.
- promoting the critical analysis and debate about issues relevant for sustainability and the environment,
- supporting a critical East-Western dialogue on environment and sustainability,
- fostering the media debate on these issues,
- supporting regional and international networks.
1. The programme is a fellowship for post-graduates with professional experience and activists of civil society networks and groups.
2. The target region are post-soviet states, including the South Caucasus and Central Asia. The fellows are supposed to work on a subject of their own choice according to the programme goals, supported by the Michael Succow Foundation.
3. The results of the stay and the analysis of a subject are to be published, the publication is part of the conditions for the grant.
4. Applicant should be between 25 to 38years.
1. The fellowship funds a study and work visit in Germany for up to five months. Up to four persons a year are eligible to receive the grant.
2. The Michael Succow Foundation will provide contacts and organisation on the spot, the applicants name other possible organisations in their application.
Applications can be handed in by email each year before 1st of July and 1st of January. The applicants should be between 25 and 38 years old. Good language skills in English or German (written and spoken) are required. In exceptional cases and given outstanding qualifications, applications in Russian language can be accepted.
- letter of motivation (one page)
- project description of issue to be analysed (up to three pages)
- copy/scan of passport
Contact: Sophie Hirschelmann, e-mail: sophie.hirschelmann(at)succow-stiftung.de