2019 KAS Media Africa Journalism Scholarship for Young Journalist from sub-Saharan African countries
Deadline: July 8, 2019.
KAS Media Africa is once again calling for suitably qualified African journalists to apply for a scholarship for a post graduate Journalism degree at the prestigious University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg. If you are a young African journalist eager to pursue further study and take your career to the next level, you have until 8 July 2019 to get your application in.
- Candidates should be under 30 years old, working as a journalist in a sub-Saharan African country and fluent in English.
- For Honours, candidates must have at least three years’ working experience and either an undergraduate degree or pass an entrance test.
- For Masters, candidates must have a degree equivalent to the BA Honours in Journalism (or related field) and at least three years’ working experience.
- Candidates must work closely with KAS Media Africa during their stay in Johannesburg and write regular narrative reports on their study progress.
The scholarship includes:
- University fees
- Return flight to Johannesburg
- Modest monthly stipend
- Accommodation fees for student housing
- A one-time payment towards study materials
- Reimbursement of costs for study visa and SAQA assessment
Applicants need to submit:
- A motivation letter
- A CV
- Two samples of published writing / broadcast clips
- Two letters of nomination/reference by a senior journalist, publisher or academic