2019 JAN Career Program for National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Members
Deadline: September 17, 2019.
JAN Career Program is targeted at empowering National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) members by exposing them to essential skills necessary to succeed in the corporate and entrepreneurial world. The program will cover modules on critical thinking and creativity, communication and conflict management skills, developing one’s personal, entrepreneurship, financial independence and early retirement.
This project plan will be executed by the corps member as an NYSC Personal CDS project in collaboration with Sigma Pensions. Entries will be evaluated based on their entrepreneurial vision, feasibility, innovation, leadership, social impact and sustainability. Capital worth 2million Naira for Winners of the project plan competition in these regions, mentoring from Sigma Pensions and other consolation prizes based on the following selection criteria:
- Must be a serving NYSC Member
- Curriculum Vitae(Ensure you save your CV with your First & Last Name)
- An Essay on “Why I should be accepted for JAN Career Program” Essay should focus on participants’ personal Community Development Service (CDS) idea or entrepreneurial/career plans.
- Statement of Result
- NYSC ID Card
1. Successful candidates will be engaged once or twice to facilitate a JAN Be Entrepreneurial program in selected secondary schools.
2. Participants who successfully complete ALL sessions of JAN Be Entrepreneurial program and come up with a project plan to address any of the SDGs in a small community where they serve, will get the opportunity to participate in a Career Fair and Project Plan Competition in the selected cities.
3. Winners of the Project Plan competitions will win cash prizes and mentoring from Sigma Pensions staff.