2019 Child Rights Watch Initiative Volunteering program for NYSC Members in Oyo State, Nigeria
Deadline: September 30, 2019.
Child Rights Watch Initiative (CRWi) invites members of the National Youth Service Corps with Primary place of assignment in Oyo state to volunteer as directors in its Peer-Led Anti Bullying (P-LAB program). The mission of CRWi is to mentor and raise a generation of children empowered to exercise their rights, respect the rights of others and become advocates for peace in their various communities.
The objective of the P-LAB program is to build the capacities of school children; to identify bullying and stand up to it safety, to lead their peers into advocacy actions against bullying, to promote peaceful coexistence among children from diverse backgrounds, to ensure safe and inclusive spaces in the school environment, to uphold the rights of children, to form and implement anti bullying policies in schools.
1. Develop initiatives for children to recognize and report bully cases in and around the school, advocate and form school policies against bullying from the toolkits which you will be supplied.
2. Organize children into peer groups
3. Supervise and monitor peer-led groups
4. Build and nurture peace passion and skills in children
5. Report directly to program supervisor with feedback of peer-led groups activities.
6. Attend End of the month meetings
To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must;
1. Have demonstrated passion for social change
2. Be NYSC members with primary place of assignment in Oyo state, preferably a secondary school.
Should have interests in Children
3. Have access to the internet
4. Must possess good organizational and communication skills.
5. Have ability to work independently
Note that this position is a voluntary and non-paid position
1. Opportunity to impact the next generation
2. Certificate to verify successful completion of the P-LAB program at the end of Service Year
3. Improvement of Leadership capacity
4. Become part of the CRWi team of changemakers
5. Opportunity for your work to be featured on our social media platforms
1. Interested and qualified applicants should send their Cover letter and CV as one document in Microsoft Word or pdf format to: [email protected] using “P-LAB Program” as the subject of the mail on or before 30th September 2019.
2. Please be concrete about how you will contribute and what you hope to gain from the program.