2019 Foreign and Commonwealth Office Plumber Vacancy, Abuja
Deadline: April 11, 2019.
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A. Main purpose of job:
- Hands-on Mechanical Plumber to carry out effective day to day maintenance work, routine maintenance, preventive maintenance, breakdown maintenance, new installation and construction works.
B. Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve:
- Assist TWG team to attend to work requests on regular basis as it affects the mission’s operations.
- Follow FCO health & safety standards in regular works, also ensuring compliance with all TWG work practices and policies.
- Assist TWG team to complete planned preventive maintenance (PPM) works and meet the deadline as per our Calendar schedule.
- Attend to all Ad hoc tasks delegated by Building Services Manager (BSM) and provide updates on the same.
- Carry out the new installation and repairing of plumbing fixtures/ fittings.
- Operate and carry out routine & corrective maintenance of domestic water treatment plant.
- Carry out installation and routine cleaning/unblocking of drainage, water supply pipes.
- Assist other trade persons to carry out their tasks i.e. Electrician, A/C Technician, Painter, Plumber, Mason and Carpenter.
- Carry out routine maintenance of fire fighting equipment (Hydrant Heads, Hose reels, etc).
- Carry out the routine/breakdown maintenance, check up, inspection of all the plumbing fixtures and pipe lines of residential and official accommodations.
- Carry out the routine preventative maintenance of the cold and hot water supply pipeline system.
- To carry out the routine preventative maintenance of ground & high level water tank and cisterns.
- Carry out routine and corrective maintenance of HVAC chilled system water valves, meters, Gauges, and mechanical flow switches.
- Preparing daily and weekly reports of work done and other necessary documentation.
- Carry out routine and corrective maintenance of Barriers, blockers and folding gates.
- Keep & clean tools and machines in proper position after using it.
- Develop skills in all trades to meet Mission’s multi-tasking policies.
- Take responsibility and custody of maintenance stores and procurement as per need.
- Plumbing Labour Trade Test 1, 2, &3 (Ministry of Labour& Productivity Certificate of Competence).
- Minimum of 3years experience providing Mechanical & Plumbing maintenance services in Multi-complex Office buildings.
- Possess 2 and 4 wheel vehicle driving license.
- Computer literate – Word, Outlook (email) and Excel.
- Trained Avon Barrier Systems maintenance personnel.
- Experience maintaining Trox Fan-coil Units
- Seeing the Big Picture, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace