2019 Foreign and Commonwealth Office Nigeria Personal Assistant to Deputy High Commissioner & Deputy Head of Mission Vacancy
Deadline: December 26, 2018.
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Main purpose of job:
- To effectively manage and support the Deputy High Commissioner (DHC) & Deputy Head of Mission through efficient running of their office, diary and travel management, and helping to co-ordinate key activities across the mission.
- Provide support to Senior Leadership Team and post under the direction of the DHC.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
- Managing diaries of the Deputy High Commissioner & Deputy Head of Mission and their daily itinerary
- Receiving, dealing with and prioritising meeting requests from both internal and external stakeholders for DHC & DHM
- Co-ordinating effectively events/ functions hosted by the DHC & HC in conjunction with the Residence Manager. Issue out e-invitation/cards and monitor RSVPs in order to ensure maximum attendance at events.
- Recording meetings and drafting minutes (Senior Leadership Team, Lagos Joint Management Board, disciplinary panels and appeals, etc.)
- Receiving and dealing with official correspondences
- Line managing and developing DHC’s drivers.
- Receiving visitors to the Deputy High Commission.
- Covering for the Residence Manager when away
- Any other duty as assigned
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Excellent IT skills (including Microsoft Office); Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- The ability to respond flexibly to competing demands, often at short notice; Discretion and confidentiality
- Events Management.
- Experience working with senior management/ director level staff in a corporate environment
- Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace