2019 European Commission Altiero Spinelli Prize for Outreach
Deadline: October 29, 2019.
The prize rewards outstanding works that enhance citizens’ understanding of the EU, help broaden the ownership of the European project and develop a sense European identity. It was awarded for the first time in 2017.
The Commission will consider projects across communication, campaigns, direct actions and more – these may include:
- educational programmes or campaigns about the EU;
- information and communication campaigns about the EU;
- Activities that enhance young people’s motivation to participate in the democratic processes that shape the future of the EU;
- Activities that enhance young people’s attachment to the core values of the EU;
- Action-based activities that enable young people to witness the benefits of the EU.
- Individuals (natural persons) who are EU citizens;
- Non-governmental legal entities established and based in an EU Member State.
- The contest is not open to public authorities. This means that public administration authority at national, regional or local/municipal level cannot apply.
This year, up to 16 prizes of 25,000 EUR will be awarded