2019 Enel Foundation Open Africa Power Program
Deadline: November 26, 2018.
Open Africa Power is an education venture initiated by Enel Foundation in 2018 in partnership with top Academic institutions in Italy and Africa, aiming to forge a new generation of African leaders deeply engaged with their countries clean energy future.
Open Africa Power Program provides high-profile African graduates with a holistic know how of the electricity sector, enhancing the technical, regulatory and business skills required to work in the private and public sector towards the electrification of Africa.
This collaborative program brings together Enel Foundation, Strathmore University, the University of Addis Ababa, Politecnico di Torino, Politecnico di Milano, Bocconi University and Florence School of Regulation.
The 2019 edition will engage up to 60 African students and alumni in a series of professional development and leadership activities, comprising residential modules in Ethiopia and Italy.
The Open Africa Power selection process is an open, merit-based, competition. The application period opens on October 25th, 2018, and closes on November 26th, 2018.
To be eligible candidates must meet the following criteria:
1. Be between the ages of 24 and 35 by January, 2019;
2. Be a citizen of an African country;
3. Currently resident in an African country or planning to relocate in Africa within the end of 2019;
4. Be eligible to travel to Italy in case of admission to the second module;
5. Have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Law or Business from an African University;
6. Have an admission letter to or being a student of a PhD MSc, LLM, MPP or MBA degree from an African University;
7. Have a demonstrated interest in the electricity sector in the African Continent;
8. Be fully proficient in English.
Applications must be sent to email@example.com. Applicants should send in the following items:
1. A copy of their CV;
2. Copy of their BSc or MSc, MBA, MPP, LLM academic records/transcript;
3. A copy of their Passport;
4. A motivation letter;
5. Three references from industry, academia and/or civil servant representatives.
Inquiries regarding the program must also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.