2019 Education as a Vaccine/ YouthHubAfrica Youth Social Media Advocates Program
Deadline: June 27, 2019.
Are you a young advocate who already have the online capacity or have the potential to develop a strong digital presence and to drive important conversations around issues?
Education as a Vaccine (EVA) and YouthHubAfrica calls for Young Social Media Advocates.
The partnering organisations are committed to working with young people who are existing social media influencers to reaching other young people within their online communities.
Supported by UNFPA Nigeria, Education as a Vaccine (EVA) and YouthHubAfrica will work together to build a community of youth advocates who will use social media as an effective tool and strategy to raise awareness, share impact stories, and connect with relevant stakeholders to drive social change on issues that UNFPA works on. This includes demographic dividend, gender equality, and Gender-based Violence, Girl-child Education, Female Genital Mutilation, Vesicovaginal fistula (VVF), etc.
Applicants must be
1. Between the ages of 18 – 29.
2. Residents of the focal states. These are Adamawa, Akwa-Ibom, Bauchi, Benue Borno, Cross-River, Ebonyi, Ekiti, FCT, Gombe, Imo, Kaduna, Kano, Kebbi, Lagos, Ogun, Osun, Oyo, Sokoto, Yobe.
3. Conversant with and willing to support and promote UNFPA Nigeria work and activities within their states.
4. Available to attend a 4-day training in Abuja in the month of July
5. Able to demonstrate a verifiable and thriving online presence on any social media platforms i.e facebook, twitter, Instagram, Youtube, etc
1. 4-days all expenses paid residential Training in Abuja
2. Financial support for the development of social media content, conversations, and campaigns
3. Advocates will be invited to participate at UNFPA and UNFPA sponsored events within their states
4. Update skills on social media and SRHR issues.