2019 Education as a Vaccine Resource Mobilization Manager Recruitment
Deadline: June 26, 2019.
Education as a Vaccine is a non-profit organization created in 2000 to improve the health and development of children and young people. EVA envisions a Nigeria where children and young people reach their full potentials and work to build and implement an innovative and sustainable mechanism for improved quality of life for vulnerable children and young people.
The Resource Mobilization Manager will be responsible for supporting the development, coordination and implementation of EVA’s overall resource mobilization and strategic communications strategy. S/he will responsible for strategic relationships and partnerships development and management, proposal writing, fundraising and strategic communication to support EVA’s work.
Support the finalization and implementation of a Resource Mobilization and Communications Strategy
• Develop and maintain a current understanding and profile of EVA’s programs
• Develop concept notes, proposals and budgets which drive the achievement of EVA’s strategic plan and align with both EVA and donor priorities.
• Prospecting bilateral, multilateral, philanthropic, and private sector partners and translating partnership opportunity into both funds and leverage in furtherance of program and resource targets.
• Gathering intelligence and analyzing key trends in individual donor policies and plans vis-à-vis EVA.
• Lead on the design, implementation and coordination of institution-wide, comprehensive donor relations and stewardship system that fosters positive and mutually rewarding relations between EVA and its donors.
• Participate in donor relationship management by ensuring donor retention and growth while cultivating new partners
• Provide other support as required in the implementation of the Resource Mobilization Strategy.
• Contribute to and review EVA’s strategy documents and knowledge management products to help the best position the institution for resource mobilization.
• Organize briefings, meetings, visits and events with current and prospective donors, coordinate programmatic and logistical arrangements, draft reports and set action plans for follow-up;
• Respond to internal and prepare response to external queries regarding donor contributions;
• Support teams to ensure compliance on donor and EVA requirements, including ensuring timely and quality reporting
• Review and approve external communication products and content
• Have regular communication with donors, prospective and established, while working closely with EVA’s Communication Unit to coordinate inputs to external events and opportunities
• Lead on coordination and implementation of communication strategy and plan awareness to support operations
• Support the Executive Director in identifying representational events with the potential for meaningful donor interaction. Provide proactive and timely advice to senior management on strategic interaction with individual donors.
• Represent EVA at external forums and meetings on occasion to position the institution with donors and partners critical to achieving EVA’s strategy.
• Bachelor degree in International Development, Public Finance, Public Administration, Rural Development, Social Sciences, or any other relevant field
• High-level experience of at least 5 years in international development with demonstrable success in resource mobilization for local or international organizations;
• Ability to work with donors as well as manage and build strategic donor relations; sound understanding of the donor financing landscape and processes;
• Ability to work on performance-based targets for fundraising;
• Fluency in English
• Results-oriented, accountable, proactive and able to work on behalf of EVA with a wide range of stakeholders;
• Ability to work effectively within multi-disciplinary teams;
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills;
• Excellent written communication skills;
• Results-oriented and accountable;
• Optimistic and persuasive;
• Ability to communicate effectively to individuals and groups of people;
• Results and detail orientated with a very hands-on approach;
• Intelligent, motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and work ethic.