2019 Dr. Denis Mukwege Foundation Fundraising Internship in Netherlands.
Deadline: February 17, 2019.
The Dr. Denis Mukwege Foundation is an international human rights organisation based in The Hague, set up in 2016 with the objective to end the use of rape as a weapon of war. We develop strategies to fight sexual violence in conflicts worldwide and support projects for survivors. We work closely together with Dr Mukwege, a Congolese gynaecologist specialised in the treatment of rape victims in DRC, who has become a distinguished international women’s rights activist.
Their project portfolio includes large-scale international initiatives on reparations for victims of wartime rape, increasing access to holistic care for survivors, and supporting the global survivor movement. We are looking for a fundraising intern to help us acquire the necessary funding from governments and international organisations, foundations, and from individuals.
They are looking for a dedicated, creative intern with strong writing skills in The Hague (part-time, unpaid internship for 3-4 days per week, for a maximum period of 6 months).
- Identify and research potential funders and help develop strategic approaches
- Help write concept notes, cases for support, funding appeals and proposals
- Assist the team as necessary, for example by helping to organise, or attend (networking) events
- Strong writing skills in English (French and/or Dutch are a plus)
- Interest/experience in creating content for social media
- Sincere interest in the topic of human and women’s rights, sexual violence and the non-profit sector
- Flexibility, independence, reliability and commitment to the goals of the Foundation
- Prior experience in fundraising is considered an advantage.
1. You will work with a small, enthusiastic team of colleagues from different parts of the world while getting first-hand experience in developing funding proposals.
2. You will have the space to develop and try your own, new ideas and be involved in various aspects of the fundraising work of an international NGO.
3. They offer a daily stipend to cover travel costs and other expenses.
1. Please send your motivation letter and CV to Debby Gruiters, Head of Operations, email@example.com, by 17 February 2019
2. Early applications are encouraged. We reserve the right to consider applications on a rolling basis before the deadline.
3. Start date of the internship: from 04 – 03 – 2019
4. Foreign nationals need permission to stay and work in the Netherlands.