2019 DFID Nigeria Deputy Programme Manager Recruitment
Deadline: July 9, 2019.
DFID Nigeria are looking for a passionate and experienced Deputy Programme Manager to lead the programme delivery in DFID Nigeria’s Conflict, Security & Justice sub-team. You will work with INGO, private sector partners and across the UK Government (HMG) to support the design, contracting, mobilisation and implementation of DFID Nigeria’s Conflict, Security and Justice programmes and support all HMG work on Security and Stability. You will also provide wider programme management leadership and mentoring across the Governance, Conflict and Social Development (GCSD) Team and DFID Nigeria.
We are looking for an experienced Deputy Programme Manager who is ready for a
challenging next role, delivering on DFID Nigeria’s Conflict, Security & Justice programmes, and helping us to achieve best practice in programme management. Key responsibilities are:Overall responsibility for the design, mobilisation, procurement and ongoing implementation of the various programmes in the conflict sub-portfolio.
The key functions of this role are the following:
• Draft and/or contribute to developing high quality and compliant programme
documentation, including submissions, Business cases and Annual Reviews.
• Financial management: Delivering effective financial planning, meeting agreed
portfolio ODA and FY spending targets and providing accurate programme and financial management information for the Senior Programme Manager and Team Leader. Ensuring Aries forecasts are loaded annually; variances are minimised, republished monthly; accruals and prepayments identified and managed; and flagging/managing large payments.
• Risk: Identify and manage delivery risks, working with SROs and advisors to keep
data on risk updated and flag and escalate as appropriate
• Managing stakeholders: develop close relationships with implementers and
across HMG, working to build their understanding of DFID processes and priorities, and improving their performance, and building relationships with the relevant government leads at national and district level
• Procurement: lead on identifying suppliers and supplier management, drafting
and maintaining agreements, and ensuring we are compliant with the supplier review and safeguarding policies, including through refreshed due diligences
• Monitoring: Develop plans for effective field monitoring visits, including
supporting external visits, organise and carry out frequent field monitoring and capturing and implementing lessons from these
• Comms: providing inputs for PQs and briefings, working with partners to on
comms and branding, identifying and sharing human-interest stories
• Proven programme management experience.
• Proven leadership and effective people management skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Resilience and ability to work under pressure in a supportive but busy and
• Excellent team player.
• Policy experience and skills, with knowledge of Conflict, Security & Justice
• Experience in dealing with a range of DFID external partners and stakeholders,
INGO, and private sector partners
• Experience working across HMG or other Whole-of-Government working
Civil Service Behaviours
Please review the Civil Service Behaviors as it pertains to the role:
• Making Effective Decisions
• Managing risks and issues
• Working Together
• Commercial Acumen
• Managing Programme Cycle
• Delivering at Pace
The candidate must complete and send the application form to
AfricaHRHubRecr[email protected] with a copy of their most recent CV. The subject
line MUST read “NIG0319” only.