2019 Dancing on the Edge Scholarship Program for Dancers from MENA Region
Deadline: February 15, 2019.
DOTE is the only organization in The Netherlands solely devoted to stimulating artistic exchange in the fields of contemporary dance, theater, and multi-media with the MENA region. The scholarship is offered in collaboration with the Henny Jurriëns Studio (HJS). HJS is the most prominent dance-training institute for professional level dancers in The Netherlands. DOTE and HJS have been collaborating since 2012 offering scholarships.
The scholarship allows dancers to participate in the Amsterdam Summer Intensive. For three weeks (from 6-26 July), dancers can take technique classes and participate in workshops, taught by teachers representing the most important companies and styles in today’s contemporary dance world. These include Akram Khan, Kidd Pivot (Crystal Pite), Peeping Tom and Eastman/Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui, and many others. The program is an ideal opportunity for dancers to study in an international atmosphere together with other professionals and professionally oriented dancers. Dancers can also attend performances from the cutting-edge Julidans Festival, which takes place at the same time.
Dancers applying must
- come from (and be at least partly based in) an Arab country or Iran
- have at least some (and preferably substantial) training and performance experience in contemporary dance
- be no older than 27 years
- be capable of travelling and living independently for this period
- have enough resources to pay for food and other living expenses that may occur in this period
- have or be able to acquire health/travel insurance for this period
- arrange their own visa if necessary (with the help of organizing parties)
1. The DOTE Scholarship Program covers travel and visa expenses, accommodation, program fees, and some performance tickets.
2. There is no per diem: participants are expected to pay for their own living and other expenses.
3. They should also pay their own travel/health insurance.
Applications happen through this form. Please submit your filled in form before February 15th 2019.